- Download QuickBooks Power BI CData Connector.https://www.cdata.com/drivers/qbonline/powerbi/
- Run the CData Power BI connector executable file which will be available at (downloads/ QuickBooks online PowerBI connector.exe).
- Log in to QuickBooks through browser.
- Run Configure ODBC.exe executable file (by default, the file gets downloaded at C:/Program Files/CData/CData Power BI Connector for QuickBooks Online/).
- Run the Configure ODBC file, click on test connection option available, an OAuth authentication window will automatically open indicating that our connection is successful. (Note: when trying to test connection make sure to have logged- in for the QuickBooks).
- Open PowerBI and click on “Get data” > “More…”, choose the “Other” options available and there select option named as “CData QuickBooks online” and click “Connect”.
- Warning window will open up click on continue. Another window will open up which will require the user to feed the “Data Source Name” as “CData PowerBI QuickBooks Online” and the “Data Connectivity mode” can be chosen either “Import” or “direct query”. Once this is done finally, we have the data available to load/transform into PowerBI.
Addend Analytics is a Microsoft Power BI-partner based in Mumbai, India. Apart from being authorized for Power BI implementations, Addend has successfully executed Power BI projects for 100+ clients across sectors like Financial Services, Banking, Insurance, Retail, Sales, Manufacturing, Real estate, Logistics, and Healthcare in countries like the US, Europe, Switzerland, and Australia. Get a free consultation now by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact us.