- Tables can be created using DAX function which is datatable().
- Returns a table with data defined inline.
- Datatable function allows values to be entered which is specific to the defined datatype only.
- Instead of using “Enter Data” option in Microsoft Power BI, this function can be used to restrict the garbage value in a column.
- Table can be viewed in Data View/ Table View in Power BI desktop.
- It can be used in creating DAX measures as well.
Table Creation using DATATABLE()
- Column names and their datatype need to be defined in the first section of the function.
- In the second part which is after opening the curly brackets, data must be entered in a way that it represents each row of the table.