Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is a cloud ERP software that gives mid-market associations extraordinary features to help them manage their businesses more efficiently and productively. Dynamics Business Central development empowers users with Microsoft’s cloud strategy and permits companies to integrate their business processes with Office 365.
Microsoft offers the choice of two membership license types and requires that an organization’s users all have the same type of license.
- $70 per user per month for Dynamics 365 Business Central Essentials
- $100 per user per month for Dynamics 365 Business Central Premium
Dynamics 365 Business Central Essential Functionality
The Essentials license provides your users:
- Financial Management – Includes the given features: fundamental general ledger, budgets, fixed assets, income forecast, multiple currencies, bank reconciliation, designations, account schedules, check to compose, cost bookkeeping, inter-organization postings
- Customer Relationship Management – Contact management and order, opportunity management, relationship management, task management, business inbox for Outlook, email logging, interaction/document management, crusade management, and valuing.
- Project Management – Basic resources, work quotes, limit management, project management occupations, timesheet, multiple expenses.
- E-Services – Document exchange service, document capture, and management, bank feeds, Microsoft Pay, etc.
- Warehouse and Inventory Management – Automated information capture system, bin set-up, internal picks and put aways, pick, warehouse management systems, warehouse receipt, warehouse shipment.
- Other features – Analysis reports, change log, work queue, user undertakings, warnings (on-premises), embedded Power BI, reason codes, Word and document reporting, work process, unlimited companies, extended text, user management.
Dynamics 365 Business Central Premium Functionality
Comparing the features you get with Essentials, Premium offers Service Order Management and Manufacturing capabilities with a membership of $100 per user per month.
- Service Order Management – Service order management, service item management, service price management, service contract management, arranging, and dispatching
- Manufacturing– Production orders, bill of materials, fundamental supply arranging, essential scope organization, version management, machine centers, finite stacking, sales, and inventory forecasting, agile assembling.
Essential Vs Premium – Which one is the best?
Can your organization get the usefulness it needs from Essentials or would Premium merit the extra monthly investment of $30 more per user?
Answering the below questions will help you decide which license is appropriate for your company.
Do you manage service personnel or field technicians? If yes, do you need to:
- Schedule service calls
- Sets up service orders?
- Track repair parts and supplies?
- Appoint service personnel based on aptitude and accessibility?
Do you manufacture items in a Make to Stock, Engineer to Order, or Make to Order environment? If yes, do you:
- Plan for demand (dependent or independent) and have the system suggest the appropriate orders to fulfill the production, inventory, and procurement requirements to help that demand?
- Require product operations that can begin and be executed in the sequence defined by a creation order routing?
- Plan the production process around the available limit (finite or infinite) in work centers and machine centers?