I worked on a dataset connected through Web API. Multiple tables are appended and used in the report.
I got the below mentioned error while refreshing manually and scheduled in Power BI service, but it is refreshed in power BI desktop without any error.
Processing error: Information is needed in order to combine data
Cluster URI: WABI-INDIA-WEST-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: a2a5bbe3-830e-47e4-a552-77cf2d267310
Request ID: 4de4e4b0-43ac-203f-0df7-40dc38473d0e
Time: 2022-05-02 08:03:01Z
I tried several options by changing privacy settings also.
I am explaining here the option which is worked.
- Download the report from Power BI Service
- Open in Power BI Desktop
- Go to query editor
- Refresh all data in query editor to see if there is any pop-up message
- Go to Data Source Settings and click Edit Permissions for all data sources and ensure privacy level is Organizational.
- Republish the report to Power BI Service.
- Go to Data Source Credentials in Power BI Service > Settings and ensure Privacy level is Organizational.
- Refresh the dataset again.
Addend Analytics is a Microsoft Power BI-partner based in Mumbai, India. Apart from being authorized for Power BI implementation, Addend has successfully executed Power BI projects for 100+ clients across sectors like Financial Services, Banking, Insurance, Retail, Sales, Manufacturing, Real estate, Logistics, and Healthcare in countries like the US, Europe, Switzerland, and Australia. Get a free consultation now by emailing us at email@example.com.