What is Table in Business Central?
In Business Central, tables are the core objects used to store data.
There are four sections in the table structure:
- The first section contains metadata for the overall table, such as the Object ID, Object name, etc.
- The fields section describes the data elements that make up the table, such as their name and the type of data they can store.
- The keys section contains the definitions of the keys that the table needs to support.
- The final section details the triggers and code that can run on the table.
So, in this blog, we are going to learn how to create new tables in Business Central
After creating a project in VS Code, for your better understanding, create different folders for objects.
There are two methods for creating new tables.
- AL Snippet: Code snippets will give you a template for a specific object type when you develop Business Central.
- AL Wizard: We can define a wizard as a series of user input screens or steps.
Create the table by using the ttable AL snippet:
The snippet adds a skeleton to create a table. Here, you need to set the object ID, and the object name, and define the fields of your tables and keys.
Create the table by using the AL Wizard:
Step 1: Right-click on the Table folder then select the New AL file Wizard option
Step 2: Select Table Wizard.
Step 3: Here, you need to specify the object ID, and the object name, and define the fields of your tables and keys.
I hope this will help you in solving your purpose, to accomplish your goals using business central.
All the Best!
Technical Consultant D365 BC
Addend Analytics is a Microsoft Gold Partner based in Mumbai, India, and a branch office in the U.S. Addend has successfully implemented 100+ Microsoft Power BI and Business Central projects for 100+ clients across sectors like Financial Services, Banking, Insurance, Retail, Sales, Manufacturing, Real estate, Logistics, and Healthcare in countries like the US, Europe, Switzerland, and Australia. Get a free consultation now by emailing us at email@example.com or Contact us.