What is Multiselection?
Multi-selection for fields in Business Central is a feature that allows users to select multiple items from a list, rather than just one. This is particularly useful when working with large lists of data, as it allows users to quickly and easily select multiple items at once.
Multi-selection for fields can also be used in various scenarios like filtering data, applying specific actions to multiple records, and when creating reports.
In addition, you can also use multi-select fields to filter data, allowing users to quickly and easily select multiple items to filter on. This can be particularly useful when working with large lists of data.
It’s also possible to customize the functionality of multi-select fields by using C/AL code, this way you can create custom actions, such as applying specific actions to multiple records, that will be available only for multi-select fields.
There are two ways to write Multiselection.
- With Codeunit
- Without Codeunit
Example for Multiselecting
- Create a table for the institute.
- Create a List page and Card page For Institute.
- In Institute, fields will be Id, Name, and Description.
- Create a Table, List page, and Card page for DEMO (In the Demo page for institute Name multi-selecting will apply).
- In the Demo, page creates the field Id, Institute Name(Multiselecting from the Institute List page).
1. With Codeunit
As wanted, a multiselection from Institute List Page will write this code on Institute List Page
In the Demo Page as we want Multiselection for the Institute name writing this code on the Demo Card page
Codeunit for Multiselection
2. The second way to do a Multiselection is without a Codeunit, and without writing any code in the Institute name
Will be Referring to the same table shown above for Institute Table
-Institute List Page
Demo Card Page
In summary, Multi-selection for fields in Business Central is a useful feature that allows users to select multiple items from a list, rather than just one. making it easier to work with copious amounts of data. It allows developers to customize the functionality of multi-select fields by using C/AL code, providing more flexibility.
Technical Consultant – D365 BC