Manufacturing and Operations are part of every business at various levels. These are the base of the whole business functioning. If you don’t ship on time due to glitches in the supply chain or production line, customers and future sales are affected. To see that you remain competitive in the market, scrap errors in the processes and prevent delays that can cost you huge amounts, it’s critical to understand and respond quickly to end-to-end operations in the factory, supply chain, and production lines.
Power BI is the business intelligence tool which transforms your huge piles of data into visuals so as to help you get the most of your existing data. With Power BI, you can revamp how manufacturing-operations data is used. The main aim is to respond to data rather than just amass and curate it. Today, Power BI is disrupting the working of businesses by bringing manufacturing and technology closer together with focus on data.
Satya Nadella, CEO, Microsoft says “A digital transformation is remaking companies and their factories, bringing the intersection of manufacturing and technology even closer… Enabling that transformation are systems of intelligence that help companies gain insight and take action…optimize their operations and change the very nature of the business models around their industrial products.”
Benefits you’ll get:
Power BI not just transforms your data into useful insights but also provides other benefits like:
- Significant time-savings. Save your people’s time from curating data. Just look at Power BI and every information you want is right there on the screen.
- More holistic and unbiased data view. Collect data from various sources and have a trusted data view, regardless of manufacturer or supplier—no more data sets with disparate messages.
- Cloud first, mobile first. Get current data on your phone, to make decisions that affect yield, performance, and output.
- Ability to customize. Create views that are most relevant for you and your teams. Third parties can also contribute and create features, graphs, and charts.
- Decreased costs. Significant cost-savings in the business due to real-time insights and less hassles in preparing the reports manually.
- Power to take decisions anywhere. Onscreen dashboards in meeting rooms, with data that shows—at any given moment—what to produce or fix. Make decisions based on current, trusted, interactive data.
- Ability to monitor, detect, show, and solve production-related problems hourly rather than daily, from anywhere.
Connecting data and operations
Besides using Power BI to respond to data in manufacturing, use it to form connections—in the data itself, across suppliers, and across factories. Transform your operations by:
- Connecting the data and data sources.
- Making better connections in the data itself about what the data reveals.
- Using data analytics to see even deeper connections, and driving more predictive and IoT capabilities.
- Linking factory locations, tier-level suppliers, and the supply chain.
Deploy Power BI to get fast insights on production, shipment yield, and quality control.
Thank you for reading our blogs. Addend Analytics is a young and rapidly growing Data Analytics consultancy. We specialize in the application of Business Intelligence and Data Science tools to solve business challenges. From our office in Mumbai, India, we provide end to end solutions to our global clients. These solutions involve data discovery & integration, data warehousing, analytics, and reporting. You can contact us at [email protected] for free consultation!