The rebranding of Microsoft Dynamics 365 happened in 2018 namely; business central and Microsoft Dynamics 365 finance & operations. The MS Dynamics NAV ERP and AX are now known to be Microsoft Dynamics 365 business central and Microsoft Dynamics 365 finance+operations respectively. Though both can be deployed on cloud or premise, choosing the right ERP solution is necessary for a business as they provide different functionalities. The operational and complex requirements of the business are met through each of the applications however the features make a difference which needs to be overviewed before selecting the one.
An overview of 365 business central
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 business central is best suited for small scale or medium-sized enterprises having nearly around 500 employees.
- The interface is user friendly and has built-in intelligence that helps in stocking up the stock keeping unit. It helps in inventory management and knowing purchase order lead times.
- It connects across different business functionalities such as accounting, sales. Purchases and customer service data for easy management.
- It helps in enhancing the sales cycle.
- This application includes financial management, manufacturing, service management, supply chain management, customer and human resource management, project management, and warehouse management.
- Projects can be delivered on time as the solution allows timesheets.
- It does not have Payroll inclusion.
- The minimum number of users is one.
- It provides complete cybersecurity and helps in enhancing the business’s operations for prospects.
An overview of 365 Finance and operations
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 finance and operations are best suited for medium to large scale or international businesses. It is suitable for multinational and multi-domestic companies as business operations can be consolidated in one place.
- The tax rules of each region can be customized, with the help of the Full dynamics 365 plan. It is powered by powerful Power BI assisting in preparing analytical reports and real-time visibility into the operations. It is much flexible in adjusting to the regulatory requirements by providing e-invoicing, reporting formats, and dealing with tax matters
- The businesses having a hardcore manufacturing division benefits from its functions and features considerably. The functionalities assist in allocating costs and profits to each business department or unit.
- Productivity shoots up with the use of Power apps and flow.
- This application includes Supply chain management, sales, customer service, field service, human resources, commerce, marketing, project operations management, service management, customer service. This application has high adaptability to changing trends in the manufacturing sector and its operations.
- It has payroll inclusion in the applications that is a priority for most of us.
- The minimum number of users is 20 in finance and operations.
- The most integrated solution gets connected easily to other apps such as CRM, talent, marketing platforms.
The Microsoft dynamics 365 business central is particularly for simple operations, while Microsoft dynamics 365 finance and operations are for more complex tasks. Business Central comes with many licensing options with flexibility. The companies that do not need advanced features and functionalities can opt for business central, whereas businesses whose scalability is processing millions of transactions must go for dynamics 365 finance and operations.
Addend Analytics is a Microsoft Power BI-partner based in Mumbai, India. Apart from being authorized for Power BI implementations, Addend has successfully executed Power BI projects for 100+ clients across sectors like Financial Services, Banking, Insurance, Retail, Sales, Manufacturing, Real estate, Logistics, and Healthcare in countries like the US, Europe, Switzerland, and Australia. Get a free consultation now by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.