Installing Power BI Report Server is a simple process. There are a few steps to install.
You don’t need a SQL Server Database Engine server available at the time of install. You will need one to configure Reporting Services after install.
- Open the PowerBIReportServer.exe and launch the installer.
- Select Install Power BI Report Server
- Select an edition to install and then select Next.Also, you can enter a product key that you have acquired from the Power BI service or else the License Service Center.
- Read and agree to the license terms and conditions and then select Next.
(choose the checkbox)
- You should have a Database Engine to store the report server database.
Click on Next to install the report server.
- Specify location for the report server. Click on Installto continue.
Default Path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server.
- After a completion of setup, select Configure Report Serverto open a Reporting Services Configuration Manager.
Addend Analytics is a young and rapidly growing Data Analytics consultancy. We specialize in the application of Business Intelligence and Data Science tools to solve business challenges. From our office in Mumbai, India, we provide end to end solutions to our global clients in US, UK, Australia, Europe and India. These solutions involve data discovery & integration, data warehousing, analytics, and reporting. You can contact us at email@example.com for free consultation!