Power BI is a business analytics solution helping users to visualize data, create stunning dashboards and embed them in any application. It’s availability over a cloud platform means that it can be used without any capital expenditure or infrastructure support. It is free from legacy software constraints and is easy to start with. The most striking aspect is that it enables end users to create reports and dashboards by themselves, without any dependency on information technology (IT) team or database administrators.
What is Power BI Dashboard in a Day?
To increase awareness of Power BI and help adoption, Microsoft and its partners host multiple Power BI training workshops called ‘Dashboard in a day’. – This initiative offers the attendees (user of Power BI from beginner or intermediate level) the benefits and other potentials of Power BI. The event helps the users to know how Power BI can effectively deliver them their reporting needs. Dashboard in a day (DIAD) is an effort to make data analytics transparent for businesses. The users get a clear idea of where the data is coming from and how to have competitive advantages by leveraging Power BI in the business. Benefits of Power BI services, Power BI analytics, Power BI dashboards and visualizations, etc., are some of the major points of discussion that DIAD covers. The content of this one-day event also covers demonstrating how to implement Power BI, build basic Power BI visualizations and showcases various Power BI dashboard examples.
DIAD helps you understand that Power BI is competent to perform all the technical work and can simplify a tedious task to enhance the business!
Addend has successfully delivered numerous Power BI implementations, Power BI dashboards, self-service BI and end-to-end BI solutions to Fortune 1000 organizations. Apart from Power BI dashboards, we have expertise in all aspects of data warehousing, data modelling and the Microsoft Azure Data Platform including the design, implementation and delivery of Microsoft business intelligence solutions to customers. With our deep competency in delivering Power BI analytics and Microsoft business intelligence solutions, our experts have listed the features of Power BI that have captured the most attention in the DIAD sessions so far –
- Power to transform business: Users get a knowledge of how to format or shape any piece of information in a certain way and how to fix it at the source itself. Query Editor, one of the most potent & effective features of Power BI Desktop, allows many customary transformations like changing data types, transforming by adding a new column, splitting & merging, and adding a query. This feature helps bring the transformation in place i.e. resulting in effective formatting & visualization of reports.
- Power of Interactivity: Interactivity between the reports can be realized clearly once multiple visualizations have been added to it. To see visualization changing its output, a user can simply click a bar on a bar chart. Similarly, to view values of location charts, lists and KPIs just choose a location in map visuals. Turn-off the filter option in Power BI, if you don’t want to offer filtered-based options within the chart. Therefore, Power BI offers clarity and enhancement in structure, enabling you to put your report in action by shredding off time in creating & analyzing them.
- Advanced measure: Data Analysis Expression (or DAX) is a formula language used throughout Power BI. It works very similar to Excel, but it eliminates the complications of the piles of Excel reports. Therefore, with DAX, you can create your own metrics (like last quarter’s net sales) in Power BI easily and with a much faster approach. Power BI offers an advanced feature (Quick Measures) to create complex DAX expression like monthly growth, YTD, a percentage difference, etc.
- Extract hidden information: The ‘Insight’ option in Power BI allows you to check the hidden information on your data. Multiple charts are generated within the chart which have the potential to provide more effective and strong metrics. To revisit these useful insights, you can pin this visualization to your dashboard. This makes way for a next level transparency for data analysis in business. You can easily realize if more revenue is generated in a certain section/category for business. Therefore, this also helps in identifying trends and saving on costs.
- Excellent storage capacity: Imagine having millions of data sources in the form of multiple excel sheet or files. The spreadsheet/flat files with 11 million rows will not open or load easily on a regular machine. Even if you get success in opening the file on your machine, you will face issues in generating substantial reporting information from those data. However, Power BI has the bandwidth to load and transform millions of rows chart in a shorter span of time. Not only this, Power BI also has the capability to compress the file without compromising its quality and performance. For example, the total storage of these files is 420 MB, it can be reduced to 50 MB once it is uploaded to Power BI.
Thank you for reading our blogs. Addend Analytics is a young and rapidly growing Data Analytics consultancy. We specialize in the application of Business Intelligence and Data Science tools to solve business challenges. From our office in Mumbai, India, we provide end to end solutions to our global clients. These solutions involve data discovery & integration, data warehousing, analytics, and reporting. You can contact us at email@example.com for free consultation!