Addend Analytics is a Microsoft Power BI-partner based in Mumbai, India. Apart from being authorized for Power BI implementations, Addend has successfully executed Power BI projects for 100+ clients across sectors like Financial Services, Banking, Insurance, Retail, Sales, Manufacturing, Real estate, Logistics, and Healthcare in countries like US, Europe, Switzerland, and Australia. Get a free consultation now by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Microsoft Power BI Integrations is packed with exceptional differentiators over Tableau. It’s time for action and reap the benefits of this economical, business-friendly, self-service Business Intelligence Framework to unleash the power of user insights across your up-to-date data released from single-use silos!
Tableau was designed with data analysts at the core of their product to make data visualization look nice and easy to deploy. But data visualization is just the tip of the iceberg and requires tidy, shaped, and mashed data to be usable. Tableau devices, Tableau Prep Build and Prep Conductor, have been launched to compete with Power BI’s data integration full-service model, but lack seamless integration and consistent experience.
Some challenges with Tableau include:
- Tableau is a collection of tools and not a single full-fledged platform in itself.
- Costly tools or data engineering required for shifting, cleaning or mash-up to take effect.
- The propagation of SQL views or data silos to purvey one-off reports.
- It’s expensive to develop the semantic model at the database level and rapidly satisfy evolving business needs.
Why Tableau to Power BI migration?
Power BI was designed with the database engineer being at the very core of their product—ingesting, cleansing, and modelling data that, in turn, enables visualization. With Power BI, the Data Analyst has the opportunity to conduct the end-to-end phase of reporting on a single platform while certifying “truth sources.”
Here are a few reasons to opt for Tableau to Power BI migration that puts latter on top of the business intelligence domain.
- An entirely free authoring tool, courtesy—Power BI Desktop
- Economical licensing for the distribution of reports
- A web solution (PowerBI.com) that purveys collaboration and implementation.
- Enable Excel users to link to “truth sources” Power BI datasets.
- A smooth interaction via Microsoft Teams
- Third-party access to Power BI data models—ensuring versatility for the whole enterprise
- Vital briefing from Dynamics 365.
- Enticing alliances with your Microsoft 365 suite
There isn’t a reason not to fall for Power BI? It seems that Microsoft has taken out all the stops to annihilate its immediate competitors. Skills, framework, cost? All boxes Checked!
Shortcomings to eradicate for seamless Tableau to Power BI switch
When you’re considering Tableau to Power BI migration, there is a multitude of factors involved. Here are a few red flags to watch out for.
- Your team may not have adequate data modelling or data storage skills.
- No enterprise product manager appointed for Power BI. Jobs are simply pushed to IT, and they have little time or desire to think about the intricacy of deployment or governance.
- Writing in Power BI’s Calculation Language —DAX, is straight-up tricky- not everyone knows it profoundly.
- Power BI has many different ways to licence deployment (Power BI Pro, Power BI Premium, Power BI Premium per User). Yet, you’ve bought a Pro licence for everybody in the company. Unless you have an E5 permit that gives a Pro licence to all, you’re all right.
- After you sign up with PowerBI.com, and you see there are many Workspaces that you have access to with numerous datasets— it’s an instant warning sign (unless you are the developer, you must only see Apps).