Power BI developers are in great demand in the IT industry. The data-driven jobs help in business processing and are considered for taking decisions in companies. The career aspirants must know the required skill, scope, role, and responsibility, certification in becoming a Power BI developer. Before processing further let’s take a look at what power BI is? Business intelligence and analytics services by Microsoft include power BI. Complete knowledge of the Power BI tool is expected from the Power BI developer. The BI designer’s main obligation is to change the raw data into significant insights through the Power BI dashboard and reports that are straightforward and easy. The power BI is very crucial for the company as he is the one who manages and executes strategies required for driving data and power BI implementation plan.
Skills required being a Power BI developer
A candidate from computer science studies with proper work experience is a must. They must know about business intelligence and analytical tools such as SSAS, SSIS. The BI developers are expected to have SQL and Java knowledge. The BI developer must have experience with Business intelligence tools like Power BI, Tableau, SAP. Writing DAX expressions BI stack knowledge, data analytics, and software development skills are some of the skills required. Apart from technical some non-technical skills demanded includes the ability to interact with teams, self-motivating, team lead in initiating a task, interpersonal communication, and management skills.
Scope of a Power BI developer
The power BI developer is required to handle several tasks and must be expert in doing their part of the work. Dashboard making, creating reports, datasets analyzing and organization of the BI tools. The power BI developers are recruited as data analysts, software engineers, developers, and business analysts.
Roles and responsibilities
While talking about the roles and responsibilities of power BI development and developer, they vary from organization to organization. Some of them jotted are:
- Converting raw data into a significant knowledge base by comprehending business requirements within Business intelligence settings and also plan informational models.
- Recognizing the KPI with objectives and keep a check on them.
- The business requirements need to be converted into technical specifications and accomplishing them is the biggest responsibility.
- Making more efficient business intelligence systems than the existing ones.
- Detailed analytics of the power BI scripts after designing developing and testing them.
- Power BI is utilized to prepare dashboards and power BI visual
- Business intelligence solutions are derived as per the client’s needs.
- Understanding data with filters and graphs makes things easier.
- Working with team members for the overall growth of the organization
Addend Analytics is a Microsoft Power BI-partner based in Mumbai, India. Apart from being authorized for Power BI implementations, Addend has successfully executed Power BI projects for 100+ clients across sectors like Financial Services, Banking, Insurance, Retail, Sales, Manufacturing, Real estate, Logistics, and Healthcare in countries like the US, Europe, Switzerland, and Australia. Get a free consultation now by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.