Did you know there are multiple ways of displaying hyperlinks in a table/matrix visual?
They can be displayed as the whole URL, an icon or can be formatted into a text from another column. The hyperlink can be a URL to a website or to a page of another/same Power BI report.
- Create a Hyperlink in Power Bi Financial Dashboard
- Create a visual with the Hyperlink
- Display the Hyperlink as an Icon
- Format the texts to have the Hyperlink
Create a Hyperlink in Power BI
You need to have a column in your dataset that contains a URL. Go to the URL column and format the Data category to Web URL. Here’s how it can be done:
- In Power BI Desktop’s Data view, select the column.
- On the Column tools tab, select Data category > Web URL.
Create a visual with the Hyperlink
Display the Hyperlinks as an Icon
- First, create a table with a hyperlink.
- Select the Format icon to open the Formatting tab.
- Expand Values > URL icon > turn it On
Format the texts to have the Hyperlinks
If you want a text in one column to just have the hyperlink while displaying text then you can do the following:
- In Data view, select the column that contains the URL.
- On the Column tools tab, select Data Category. Make sure the column is formatted as Uncategorized.
- In Report view, create a table with the column you’re going to format as link text.
- With the table selected, select the Format icon to open the Formatting tab.
- Expand Conditional formatting, making sure the name in the box is the column you want as link text. Locate Web URL, and turn it to On.
Thanks for reading!
Team Lead – Data Analytics
Addend Analytics is a Microsoft Power BI Gold Partner based in Mumbai, India. Apart from being authorized for Power BI implementation Partner, Addend has successfully executed Power BI projects for 100+ clients across sectors like Financial Services, Banking, Insurance, Retail, Sales, Manufacturing, Real estate, Logistics, and Healthcare in countries like the US, Europe, Switzerland, and Australia. Get a free consultation now by emailing us at email@example.com or Contact us