A year ago, Microsoft presented ‘another look’ to its Power BI service as a public preview. A portion of the progressions presented as a feature that was brought to Power BI workspaces recently. At that point, in August, the mobile version of the service got a refreshed navigation insight, among different improvements.
Today, a whirlwind of updates has been declared by Microsoft for Power BI dashboard, aligning it more with the more present-day look the information representation service is going for. A recap of a portion of the changes recently presented is given below.
- New workspaces: Easier to check, find what you need, get information, search, make speedy moves, etc.
- Updated bookmarks: Previously, choosing an individual bookmark would refresh the bread crumb in the top bar with the name of the bookmark. Pushing ahead, the bookmark name will be refreshed inline inside the setting of your report activity bar.
- View report subtleties: See the details, for example, last refresh date and contact data rapidly, directly in the top banner.
- Vertical Page Lists: Report page names are present in the elite in a vertical sheet. They’re conspicuous, difficult to miss, and like the navigation in Word and PowerPoint.
- Improved filter insight: Updates, for example, seeing applied filters and the new filter sheet are accessible as a matter of course with the ‘new look’.
- Dashboard experience: Dashboards likewise have a streamlined activity bar, much the same as reports and applications, for a predictable experience, while holding the functional differences.
Concerning the recently presented changes, first off, a more streamlined action bar as appeared above for the two reports and dashboards will help perform generally utilized activities effortlessly. The page navigation settings can now additionally be designed by report creators, empowering report pages to be found either on the left side in a sheet or at the lower part of a report as tabs.
Proceeding onwards, some other navigation-based updates have been presented too. Tapping the worldwide navigation hamburger symbol on the upper left side will limit the comparing sheet, displaying just the navigations symbols and concealing their names. In the interim, tapping the pages icon arrows while using left side navigation inside reports – instead of base tab route – will fall the experience.
Clients who have the new look choice in the header enables will have the option to get the previously mentioned improvements throughout the following week. Gradually, inhabitant administrators had the option to change all clients to the cutting-edge glance through another set, and eliminate the old and new look switch. And the new look turned out to be accessible, moving all occupants and clients to it as the default setting.
Addend Analytics is a Microsoft Power BI-partner based in Mumbai, India. Apart from being authorized for Power BI implementations, Addend has successfully executed Power BI projects for 100+ clients across sectors like Financial Services, Banking, Insurance, Retail, Sales, Manufacturing, Real estate, Logistics, and Healthcare in countries like the US, Europe, Switzerland, and Australia. Get a free consultation now by emailing us at [email protected]