Alerts and Notification are great features provided by Microsoft Power BI for their report users. You will get an alert or notification when the value goes above or below the threshold. You can use these features on KPI, Cards, and Gauge visuals on Power BI Service.
Alerts in Power BI
Power BI Data Alerts only works on the Power BI Service by pining KPI, Card, and Gauge visuals on the dashboard from the Power BI report.
Steps to configure Alerts in Power BI
1. Pin visuals from reports to the dashboard
2. Go to dashboard & click on ellipse on visual
3. Select Manage alerts
4. Click on Add alert rule (Active should be on)
5. Give alert title
6. Select Condition Above or Below and provide a threshold value
7. Set frequency
8. Observe the check box below as send me email, too (If you want to receive alert by email)
Now the alert is set for selected visual, and it will trigger alert when the given condition reaches the threshold value. It will work with data refresh.
- If you have shared the dashboard then other users with access to the dashboard will not be able to see it.
- If workspace members also want to set data alerts, then they need to configure it on their
Thank you for Reading!